Good morning! Here’s the tech news you need to know to start your week.
1. SpaceX landed its tenth successful rocket. The successful landing followed the rocket’s launch of a top secret government satellite.
2. The White House is expected to announce the members of President Donald Trump’s American Technology Council on Monday. Axios reports that the Trump administration will bring “big names from the Silicon Valley to the White House in early June.”
3. Bitcoin has hit another all-time high. The cryptocurrency surpassed the $1,400 mark for the first time ever on Monday morning.
4. Google is promising a big update for its drone delivery initiative ‘Project Wing’. A group of employees is leaving as the drone unit prepares an important update to demonstrate its progress.
5. A hacker leaked 10 stolen episodes of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ season 5 after Netflix allegedly refused to pay their ransom. Most of the season, which was expected to debut on June 9, was uploaded by the hackers to the file-sharing website The Pirate Bay.
6. Doctors have finally found a more accurate way than BMI to determine whether your weight is healthy. On Monday, a team of Mayo Clinic researchers released the Body Volume Indicator, or BVI, a new tool that could transform how we keep tabs on our health.
7. Elon Musk revealed new details about his tunneling project ‘The Boring Company.’ Musk’s latest venture, led by SpaceX engineer Steve Davis, is working on building a network of underground tunnels in Los Angeles that would transport cars on an electric skate.
8. Verizon and AT&T both launched misleading services this week. Both point to a larger problem.
9. Tesla has delayed the rollout of its solar roof. Tesla ultimately plans to sell four different tile styles: textured glass, smooth glass, French slate, and Tuscan glass.
10. Nintendo has unveiled a new portable console. Nintendo made the surprise announcement of the New Nintendo 2DS XL, a new $149 console in the 3DS console lineup, on sale in July.